Pages

Thursday 31 August 2017

Birch Forest

It was difficult at first to get away from all the gold and swirls which I really like.  My first attempt was not successful.  But then I started to look at his forest scenes and thought that this was way more up my alley. 

And then I remembered an exhibit of Wolf Kahn's work that I had seen and thought I would take a look at that style which I also admired.  So this is a bit of a combination of the two. 






Klimt's Beech Forest




Wolf Kahn



8 comments:

  1. Captured beautifully. Love what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dianne, this is a great interpretation that also references the birch trees you do so well. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only repeat the Bravo. To combine two very different artists and make it your own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you have used the colours to make it your own and a joyful interpretation of the birch trees in Klimt's piece. Tomorrow is our first day of spring here down south and that is what I thought of when I saw your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Klimt's picture of birch trees is very restful . By combining his work with Kahn's dynamic use of colour,you have created such a lively interpretation and something quite different . Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a way to combine your love of birch trees and two great artists! It works on all levels. You must be very happy with the outcome.
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bright and cheerful and a good interpretation of both artists.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When we were hiking in the Tetons this summer, our naturalist guide told us how unique each grove of birches are depending on the sun, the soil, the water, and the wind and how each tree is connected to each other. Your compilation of two styles of artists resulted in your very unique grove of trees that is unlike any others...a true original!

    ReplyDelete