Pages

Thursday 31 August 2017

GUSTAV KLIMT
To choose one painting of Klimts to interpret was impossible for me . I love so much of his work and so decided instead to look at the patterning and shapes which he used often in his paintings such as the square ,triangle and scrolls . He was also a prolific and popular portrait painter so how could I not include at least part of a woman's face showing a typical hairstyle and fashion of his day? Her face was painted with acrylic paint.Then thinking of his work, and because I am definitely drawn to his use of gold , I added in details painted with metallic paint. So here is my 'Woman in gold'!

                                             

                                 




7 comments:

  1. Wow, Rosemary, I love your interpretation/inspiration. Very cleverly executed. Your quilting is beautiful. I do agree that it was hard to choose one or two pics, hence the reason I went with the colour palette and one of my pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! A great interpretation using Klimt's motifs but making it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a great job painting the face! and I love how you've put all the various motifs in, but in a more structured way. it's a great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant and clever, it's definitely your own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you have used half a face and also the use of all his motifs, together with the paint work. As always, your quilting is superb and you have used it so well in this piece. Well done to you, as Mai-Britt said you have made it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another Rosemary special. Carefully thought out and beautifully executed. You have done Klimt proud - I'm sure he would have fallen for your lady - she's very alluring.
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very 'Klimtish'without being a copy. I like the way you've include the portrait and pattern and the painting is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete